Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Draft Form!

Hi all!

I have been working on a Digital Story for my grad class this week. I was fairly apprehensive about beginning this project, but have quickly learned it is fun (and fairly easy) to create. I will warn you, it is slightly more time consuming than I first thought. I decided to create a short video about the rules and expectations in my classroom at Washington to use with my new students in the fall. I decided to use the tool called VoiceThread. I will post a bit more about VoiceThread when I reveal my final digital story. This is all for now. There are a few slides I plan on adding, but I hope you enjoy what I've created so far!

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea of showing images of your classroom with comments from you to introduce new students to their new environment. Your classroom looks so warm and inviting! The only thing that I would suggest would be to possibly have your current students say some comments about the rules, objectives, and classroom routines/procedures. This way it makes it more fun and engaging for your incoming students to see other students as stars in your movie. Otherwise, I love this idea and might be stealing it for my own students to create next week during our last week of school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed watching your voicethread! I think this was a great idea to make a video introducing kids to the school/classroom. At my school's open house in the fall, people come in and out throughout the night so this would be great to have playing so that I don't have to repeat certain things over and over again! Your pictures and narration are really nice a clear, I would love to be a student in your class!

    ReplyDelete