Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What An Inspiring Teacher!

Every week my principal sends out what is called "Gray's Guide." It gives information, announcements, and research articles as a mean of communicating weekly with the entire staff regarding different topics. This week i instantly recognized the article as soon as I began to read it. It was the story of an amazing teacher that did not teach to the test or teach to see her student's reading levels sky rocket, although those things are important. She taught to make students feel loved, important, and worthy. I wasn't able to find who first wrote the article, but here is a link to another blog. It's so inspiring and makes me aspire to be the kind of teacher that looks past all the achievement testing and focus on making students feel and know they belong and are loved.

Click here for the story. The Kind of Teacher I Want to Be!

1 comment:

  1. What a heartwarming blog post, Rachel! When I was reading this I felt inspired to give my attitude a makeover. At many points this school year I felt like one of those teachers who is overly focused on moving students up reading levels. My class came in very low, overall, so it was hard to focus on much else beside their reading progress. However, after reading your blog post I am inspired to be more like that teacher every moment of every day. I actually got three really nice letters out of the blue today from three students who don't usually write me notes and those letters also made me think about my other purpose and how much those kids look up to their teacher.

    ReplyDelete