Wednesday, May 28, 2014

So Many to Choose From...

After researching a few literacy projects from previous classes, I feel slightly relieved to know there is a variety of resources to choose from when completing the literacy project! I stumbled upon quite a few really interesting projects that I would love to try with my students. The first literacy project I looked at was from what appears to be a kindergarten class. The teacher, Anne Marie Betterini, read 10 Little Rubber Ducks by Eric Carle as images of student work flashed by illustrating every scene. I think it was a really neat idea to involve young students in literature. Check the video out here. !0 Little Rubber Ducks

Another literacy project I viewed was the project we also viewed in class. It was a project completed with fourth graders using Voki. I had never heard of the tool before last week's class and still do not have a complete understanding, but I really enjoyed the projects done regarding the characters from Charlotte's Web. Watch the voice over with Wilbur here. Wilbur Voki

The last literacy project I viewed was done using VoiceThread. I am entirely unfamiliar with this resource, but liked how the students were able to use images of their own work and record their voices as they read their Alphabet Aliiteration Book. Not only did I like how the teacher utilized VoiceThread, but I liked the idea of an alphabet alliteraciton book. I have a few students in mind that might benefit from creating their own alphabet alliteration book. I think I will have to give this a try next year with some students! View the alliteration book here. Alphabet Alliteration Book - VoiceThread

I think I'll have to do a little more research before deciding on a topic and tool for my own Literacy Project!

1 comment:

  1. You explored some good options for consideration of how to use digital tools to support students in their learning in an age when the tools will become increasingly available to us as educators and to our students. The tools also allow for lots of differentiation to support students' needs and interests.

    ReplyDelete