Thursday, May 22, 2014

My First Animoto Video

As part of an assignment for my EDUC 584 course I was required to create an Animoto video. I had never heard of this video tool before and was intrigued... but I will admit I was not extraordinarily excited. I have used iMovie before a few times, but that is the only experience I've really had with movie making tools. I was able to successfully make a few videos of different trips, but I remember iMovie taking a long time and not the most user-friendly. I've always wished I was more well versed in the tool, but when it comes to technology I need explicit examples and hands-on experiences. All that said, I was a little precautious about another video making tool.

I decided to start my first Animoto with a simple subject I felt comfortable using. I decided to take a few pictures of student activities documenting how they practice letters and sight words in fun interactive ways. Here's what I came up with!



I found Animoto to be VERY user-friendly. I could figure out how to easily upload videos, change the order, and watch the previews. I would love to show my students this video and let them see how I used their hard work in a video. This also gave me ideas on what I can create next for my students regarding letters and sight words. 

 

3 comments:

  1. I love your animoto and seeing how you practice skills with your students. This would be a good video to show to parents who are asking for ideas for practicing skills at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your first animoto! I'm sure your students love coming to your room. I agree with Liz that parents, and probably some classroom teachers would benefit form seeing what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Rachel! I love your Animoto! I like how you included photos from your class and with your students. Your room seems inviting and I think the bounce balls are a great idea to have around a table. I am considering buy a couple for my classroom to help with those students that need to move constantly.

    ReplyDelete